Competitive Salary (DOE)
Charlie Wilkes Green
6 months ago
Charlie Wilkes Green
I am seeking a Grid Services Engineer to join a leading Renewable Energy IPP who operate across Europe.
Based in Cork, Ireland, the Grid Connection Engineer will play a part in managing and optimising the grid connection process at all stages from initial site selection and feasibility assessment to commercial operation.
As a Grid Services Engineer your main responsibilities will be:
- Act as a technical lead on Grid Services projects. This involves supporting projects through development, construction and through the transition into operations.
- Manage the following aspects of these projects - grid connections, DS3 contracts, Capacity contracts and grid code compliance.
- This role will oversee the project grid connection process including grid connection design, grid programme, functional specification, construction, commissioning/testing, energisation and transition to operations.
- Act as primary point of contact with ESB Networks and Eirgrid to project manage the delivery of individual project connections.
- Support the project teams in the development and construction stage of the projects and liaise with the relevant contractors and manufacturers as needed - particularly in relation to design and installation of measurement and monitoring equipment for System Services and in relation to technical requirements for DS3 System Service compliance and grid code compliance for the project and any interfaces required for the ongoing operation and trading of the project.
- Manage project DS3 contracts - including tender applications, clarifications, technical schedules etc.
- Manage the DS3 compliance testing and grid code compliance testing for the projects.
- Administration and Management of the project obligations under the DS3 System Services Agreement as the project transitions to operations.
- Advise the financial modelling team of all the key grid and system service-related value drivers of a project (grid capital cost including provision for risk and pass through, operating cost, network charges, electrical losses, constraints, curtailment, system service revenues and capacity revenues).
- Track and influence relevant policy around grid, system services and capacity in Ireland. Ensure the Statkraft development team are aware of key changes and their implications. Maintain strong relationships with industry groups, system operators and regulators.
- University degree within relevant field, ideally electrical engineering.
- Minimum 3 years work experience in a related area of the power/ transmission or renewable sector and a clear affinity with renewable projects.
- Strong technical capabilities and experience in the area of SCADA telecommunications, control and monitoring systems integration and grid code compliance.
- Strong knowledge and appreciation of health and safety in all aspects of work but particularly regarding access to live substations.
- Experience in delivering grid connections in Ireland.
- A knowledge of the System Services and Capacity market in Ireland will be a distinct advantage.
- Strong communication, relationship building and management skills including organisational ability and a target oriented; demonstrated ability to prioritize.
- Ability to work within formal project management structures to deliver on time and budget.
- Ability to provide innovative solutions to complex issues in a timely manner.
- Strong Excel, Word, Powerpoint and Outlook skills expected. Experience with CAD desirable.
- Independent self-starter. Ability to manage a large workload, often providing support to processes managed by colleagues, while prioritizing tasks and effectively juggling competing deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills in English.