5 months ago
We are searching for an on-site Electrical Engineer to work on our huge 400MW project in the Egyptian desert, near Aswan. We are representing a world-leading Solar IPP in their recruitment who search for a registered engineer who will hold the following responsibilities & experiences:
- Reviews engineering documentation from contractors.
- Approves specifications and datasheets related to the materials and components.
- Supervises the laying and termination of LV and MV cables and electrical equipment.
- Inspects the physical works carried out by contractors to ensure quality of all construction.
- Ensures the requirements of contract and engineering documentation are carried through to construction.
- Ensures lock-out and permitting procedures are followed when working with electrical systems.
- Provides safety supervision at the site, reviewing Contractor method statements and procedures.
- Provides the Electrical Engineering experience to make informed decisions on contractor quality and execution methods.
- Reports to Construction Manager
- Fluent in English and Arabic, written and oral
- 10+ years working on complex petrochemical / industrial plant / power plant builds in similar role.
- PV plant experience is required.
- Previous experience in electrical construction and commissioning works required. Experience of interfacing with EETC preferable.