Plans, controls, and carries out the administrative activities of one or more key result areas, e.g., document control, communications control, file administration, discipline support, or client administrative support. When designated, acts as project administrator on a small project or study, or assistant project administrator on a larger project. Implements established administrative procedures for the project and supervises assigned personnel, including daily assignment of tasks, training, and evaluations of progress. Prepares performance review of personnel in area of responsibility or provides input as directed by supervisor.
A. Supervision Received
Receives functional and/or operational supervision from project manager, project engineer, project administrator or other project designee. May receive functional and technical guidance from project and administration services management.
B. Supervision Exercised
Supervises technicians, clerks, and project/office assistants assigned to area of responsibility. May supervise secretarial/word processing staff. May substitute for supervisor when required.
Supervisor, customers, suppliers, members of the work group, and other project personnel as well as functional staff
Client, suppliers, counterparts, and field personnel
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
1. Coordinates installation of computer software/hardware and solves related problems within the group, maintaining security and other database tables as needed.
2. Implements procedures and trains personnel in area of responsibility, including use of associated automation systems and software. Maintains or provides completed training records to others as required.
3. Oversees processing and controls of all project document types and maintains associated registers. May process documents in backup capacity.
4. Reviews deliverables of assigned staff to ensure that procedures are clearly understood and are being followed.
5. Resolves daily administrative problems on the project.
6. Conducts or participates in periodic audits of document control processes to ensure accuracy and consistency and verify procedural implementation.
7. Prepares or provides input to employee performance reviews. May conduct counseling sessions as directed by supervisor. Participates in employee selection.
8. Initiates and replies to routine correspondence related to area of responsibility.
9. Compiles information; analyzes and prepares routine studies and reports as directed by supervisor.
10. Participates in budget planning for personnel in area of responsibility. Develops work plans and monitors progress on an ongoing basis. Handles staffing issues, as appropriate.
11. Collects and summarizes data for department and project metrics.
12. Coordinates all service needs including project moves with off-project support groups.
13. Keeps abreast of department technologies, techniques, and services that are available.
14. Helps develop turnover plan for project records.
15. Coordinates the development and implementation of project procedures.
Excellent oral and written communication skills
Demonstrated knowledge of administrative skills and automated applications
Experience in training and supervision of personnel
General experience in all areas of document control
Demonstrated knowledge in one or more administrative function(s)
Strong organizational skills