over 1 year ago
This is an excellent opportunity to represent a major renewable investment company by leading their development operations internationally. The Director of Development, will be a senior member of the international team and will provide invaluable input into company wide project development decisions.
This is a brand-new role with a hugely successful, well-respected outfit who are looking to expand beyond their core business functions. This opportunity will provide the successful candidate with the independence to scope out development centric business opportunities internationally and to build a team of development professionals underneath them.
An ambitious, experienced leader with a proven track record in renewable energy project finance and project development is required in order to succeed in the role.
As Director of Development, you will bring significant solar experience and expertise, and will utilise that experience to:
- Lead on development decisions for the company
- Identify new growth areas for development opportunities internationally including M&A and Joint Venture opportunities
- Recruit, grow and manage a team of experienced, dependable development professionals
- Advise on potential development risk areas with internal departments and company investors
- Regularly review the company development strategy making improvements whenever required
- Regularly inform investors of key business decisions, market trends and opportunities for growth
- 10+ years’ experience in large-scale renewable energy project development
- Experience in renewable energy investment including M&A and Joint Venture activities
- Finance/ Economics/ Business degree qualification preferred
- Leadership capabilities
- Experience in recruiting, growing and managing a team
- Knowledge of international renewable energy industry and market trends
- Stakeholder management experience
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Ability to travel internationally