2 months ago
My client have a 4GW pipeline and are looking for Development Managers to Manage the development and delivery of utility scale solar PV and storage projects from site origination through to fully consented and ready-to-build phases. Engagement with key stakeholders in the development process and management of all project matters relating to development including land, planning and grid connection.
- Assessing suitable sites for solar PV development through various mapping tools, site feasibility studies, energy yield analysis, project budget and cashflow analysis.
- Engagement with Distributed Network Operators (DNOs) and other industry bodies such as local planning authorities to identify opportunities for solar and storage development.
- Supporting other team members on identification of projects and assessment of opportunities.
- Engagement with landowners and land agents regarding securing land for solar and storage .
- Negotiation of agreements including landowner agreements, consultancy contracts, and input to commercial decisions, ensuring optimum value is achieved in all such negotiations.
- Management of specialist consultants throughout the planning application process.
- Management of projects through the grid connection process with the relevant network operator.
- Engagement with external stakeholders (e.g. local authorities, system operators, statutory consultees, planning & grid consultants) while representing company in a professional manner.
- Community consultation on project proposals with stakeholders local to the project area.
- Project cash flow management and preparation of budget proposals
- Manage and report on all project risks, ensuring management are kept fully abreast of any significant developments
Candidates will ideally come from a technical/engineering, development or consultancy background and have 3-4 years project management experience in the power or renewable energy sector.
The successful candidate will be required to travel throughout Ireland and a full clean drivers licence is necessary. Successful candidate must have the right to work in Ireland or a valid working visa.