Senior Design Engineer - Utility Scale Ground-mount Solar - London
- Posted 21 April 2021
- Salary DOE
- Job type Permanent
- DisciplineRenewable Energy & Infrastructure
- Contact NameNathan Quinn
Exciting opportunity for an experienced Solar PV Design Engineer to join a leading Solar PV Developer. Specialising in the development of large-scale, grid-connected solar farms you would be instrumental in their growth within the UK market. Your primary responsibility will be to assist with the design of projects from initial conception to full planning submission status.
- Designing and budgetary pricing of utility-scale megawatt range Solar PV projects. Experience working on multiple projects in the 50+MW range would be advantageous.
- Identifying new leads using GIS and following the journey with the DNO, and the Land team until the lead progresses to an active project.
- Undertake initial yield assessment of potential solar sites.
- Being the go-to technical and design expertise person for any support required in the development of projects.
- Mentoring and passing the knowledge torch on to less experienced team members.
- Engaging with DNOs and trade bodies at Stakeholder events and ensuring that policies are helping, not hindering, renewable deployment and the route to #netzero.
- Completing formal grid connection applications.
- Participating in the technical DD process.
- Engaging with the DNO post-acceptance to ensure the project is moving along and all the procedural or technical boxes are ticked off.
- Technically reviewing new equipment and, where warranted, using the latest equipment to roll out design improvements.
- Team player with great communication skills and a structured way of working.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in utility-scale solar farm development, design, and construction cycles.
- Experience in the design of multi-megawatt Solar PV installations using AutoCAD, PVSyst, and PVCase.
- Proficient with MS Office and comfortable at creating models on Excel to assist with your designs/assessment.
- Commercial awareness of how design decisions and equipment specifications can affect the profitability of a project. Financial modeling experience would be advantageous.
- Knowledge and experience in working with distribution network operators (DNO) and
- Bachelor’s Degree in Renewable Energy, Engineering, or related discipline.