Our client strategically works in partnership with large energy users across the UK and Ireland to help them deliver significant savings, increase revenues, and reduce carbon emissions.
In the UK, they're a leading large-scale heat pump provider delivering innovative renewable heating and cooling systems to large facilities nationwide, their Smart Energy Services UK team are based in Coventry.
The Design Engineer will be involved in all aspects of system design across a range of technologies and may be allocated to specific large-scale projects. The ideal candidate will have experience and knowledge of large mechanical plantrooms, 250kW plus thermal output, hydraulic circuit sizing, pump pressure losses, CDM, CIBSE guidelines, controls, commissioning and testing for integrated boilers, chillers and renewables
- Take full responsibility for system design from conception through detailed design to post-installation design verification
- Specify equipment; produce system schematics, layout drawings and materials requirement Technical support to the Sales and Installations teams
- Attend client meetings as required to finalise and co-ordinate system capabilities and interfaces
- Carry out all duties to ensure efficiency and rigour in Engineering practices/output
- Manage workload effectively and adhere to deadlines in an environment where priorities can be shifting
- Participate fully in the creative and entrepreneurial atmosphere of a growing company
- Other duties that may be required from time to time by the company
- At least 5 years post qualification experience in a similar environment
- Proven track record of design capability
- Have good understanding of HVAC mechanical system design principles
- Experience working with at least 3 of the following technologies: GSHP, ASHP, Solar Thermal, Solar PV, CHP, Biomass, Gas boilers.
- Experience in the use of AutoCad, Revit 3D, Excel
- Excellent organisational, communication and problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage own workload and multi task
- Proven ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills both written, verbal and interpersonal skills