- Posted 22 April 2022
- LocationUnited Kingdom
- Job type Permanent
- DisciplineNet Zero & Sustainability, Energy Management
- Contact NameEmma Carter
The successful candidate will preferably have previous experience within the utilities industry. They will have strong organisational and communication skills (both verbal and written), high attention to detail and have experience of accurately inputting data into a database, along with the ability to work under pressure. They should also have a keen willingness to learn, and must have strong/good working experience of Microsoft office suite, especially Excel.
- Main focus will be Debt report reconciliation and money recoveries for the supplier.
- The role will be working on non key supplier debt to enable us to re-contract the supplies quickly with our key suppliers
- Uploading contracts into our energy management software
- Request contracts from suppliers
- Potential of Weekly Calls with the Suppliers to resolve any Debt Queries and chasing overdue debt
- Building relationships with Suppliers and colleagues to ensure that all issues are resolved.
- Contacting suppliers to obtain statement of accounts in order to review the debt position and chase Client accounts for payment.
- Liaising with Third party debt collectors and solicitors regarding payment of overdue debt
- Manual Entries of invoices/credits and corrections that impact the debt issue
- Reporting weekly and monthly Debt levels for management relationship calls.
- Recovering Credit Balances for clients
- Dealing with debt reminder letters. Contact the supplier to update them on the current position of the account.
- During the day various queries will arise. This will vary from utility invoice queries to site queries where you will need to contact suppliers and site managers
- There may be an element of manual bill entry if urgent supplier debt arises
- Maintenance of internal databases, folders and systems to ensure accurate and organised storage and provision of data.
- You have intermediate Microsoft Excel experience
- Relevant experience in an Accounts Payable or Credit Control Role
- You can adapt to new systems easily (bonus points for experience with Optima!)
- Previous Experience in the Utilities industry would be an advantage
- You have a high attention to detail and you are able to work under pressure
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are a must
- You have good mathematical skills and a keen eye for numbers