Energy Storage & DSR,
Digital & Technology,
IOT & Smart
Flexible dependent on experience
almost 3 years ago
A young but well established smart energy company that is leading the way at incorporating data to reform the UK's energy grid.
Data is at the core of the company and they are adding an additional data engineer to a department which is at the heart of the company.
Our client has a talented software team that are building the foundation of a virtual energy platform. There asset produce a huge amount of data and they wish to leverage this data commercially. The company is looking to get an expert data engineer to build a structure that will allow useful data to be processed by a team of data scientists.
This role is flexible if you would like to grow your data skills beyond data engineering into data science you will have the opportunity to.
- MSc or PhD in a relevant subject
- Experience with Java
- 3 years experience with python, R or other relevant language and data
- Experience with NoSQL databases, creation of data pipelines and data-intensive applications (Cassandra preferred)
- Experience with setting up and deploying cluster computing platforms such as Apache Spark
- Experience with cloud platforms AWS/GCP/etc