1 day ago
The Green Recruitment Company are searching for a Sustainability Consultant with experience of BREEAM In-Use assessments to join the ever-growing team at a leading company in the Sustainable Corporate Real Estate sector. The successful candidate will join the Energy & Sustainability team and assist in delivery of BREEAM In-Use assessments, plus support other assessments as necessary including SKA, NABERS, WELL, and Fitwel accreditations. They will also need a strong understanding and knowledge of sustainability and wider ESG issues within the built environment. The role will also support strategic sustainability strategy and ESG advisory for the client’s corporate real estate portfolio, working with surveyors and site teams to lead on strategic deliverables and grow strong client relationships.
- Oversee data collation, liaise with site teams to deliver BREEAM In-Use Assessments, supporting other assessments as necessary, including BREEAM Refurbishment, SKA, NABERS, WELL, Fitwel.
- Act as point of contact and project interface for site teams and the BRE.
- Oversee the collation and analysis of environment data.
- Provide general sustainability support to clients which may include strategic sustainability advice, environmental legislation and compliance audits, sustainability reporting, and tenant engagement.
- Produce written reports to a high standard for clients.
- Deliver training materials, client engagement and communications.
- Gather, interpret, and define data gaps; carry out normalisation and benchmarking.
- Deliver formal presentations to clients and colleagues.
- Contribute to both financial and technical management of key fee earning services.
- Drive and support environment and sustainability business growth.
- Degree in Sustainability or equivalent.
- Understanding of sustainability building certifications.
- Knowledge and experience of working with sustainability strategy and implementation of strategy in the real estate sector.
- Ideally a BREEAM In-Use Assessor with technical knowledge of the certification, or strong knowledge of the subject.
- Ability to independently prepare findings reports and presentations.
- Experience of working with sustainability data and knowledge of energy, water, waste & carbon.
- Knowledge and understanding of ISO14001 & ISO50001, EPC/EPC Plus & MEES risk review, WELL Standard / wider Health & Wellbeing, waste management and travel planning.
- High level of competency in Microsoft Excel, including the ability to create complex formulas.
- Strong attention to detail and production of work to a high standard.
- Ability to develop lasting and effective relationships with key stakeholders internally and externally.
- Able to manage time effectively, and to deliver work under pressure to fixed deadlines.
- Passionate about Sustainability.
- Ideally working towards a professional qualification IEMA or similar.