about 2 years ago
Our client is an up-rising project developer in the renewable energy sector, they develop, constructs owns and operate renewable energy projects across Asia. They are now looking to hire a Country Manager to help manage their offshore wind business, assess and develop market and partnership strategies required to garner a leading market share and visibility for the company in the market.
- Develop and implement, in cooperation with the local team, a plan to aggregate a large pipeline of offshore wind projects in the local market. This would include both licensed projects and non-licensed “net metering” projects.
- Lead the overall coordination of the development steps and requirements for all projects including land acquisition, permitting, deal experience with strong financial structuring knowledge and regulatory compliance
- Lead the preparation of tender documents and proposals for wind project bids - both within the government's program and with commercial entities interested in renewable energy.
- Manage negotiations with tender/proposal partners and counterparties
- Support external (3rd party) development activities. Identify, negotiate with and engage local and regional development partners
- Set up, in cooperation with other departments, financial models, calculate project economics, and document the development status of projects
- Support the Business Development team with internal approval process and presentation to investment committees
- Ability to connect with local developer communities and other communities near the project area
- To negotiate and deal with the Land agents and Government agencies to ensure that the necessary land is acquired within the time frame with proper title and in a cost-effective manner within the agreed budgets、
- To keep the management team posted of the risks involved in every stage of the land procurement and approval process and suggest necessary remedial measures to overcome any possible hurdles.
- Develop and nurture long-term relationships with clients, the government, and other strategic partners
- Business/ Project Development experience of 5 years + in the power infrastructure sector in the region (Experience in Wind Energy Development )
- Know-how of the local Electricity Sector, (Generation, Distribution, or Power Purchase Agreements). Business Experience and Network of Contacts in the country is a plus
- Should strong in Organic or In-Organic Project Development and proven track record in managing growth ( Pipeline to Backlog )
- Experience in leading or playing a major role in significant commercial transactions with senior stakeholders. Strong contractual and negotiations experience as well as creativity for deal making
- Structured thinker. Strong analytical capability and appreciation of risk versus reward. Good understanding of project financials/ financial models
- Ability to work independently in the day to day activities through in close cooperation and coordination with regional headquarters
- Experience in interacting and managing relationships with partners and clients. Experience in relating to government officials and government departments
- Flexible work attitude and ability to enter other projects and add value. Ability to manage shifting priorities and work with decentralized teams in an international environment
- Understand Japan marketplace, familiar with local energy policy and regulations.
- Native Japanese speaker, speak English on a business level
- *Package range JPY 18-25 million