about 1 month ago
The Solar Farm Project Manager has primary responsibility for providing leadership in planning, organizing, and controlling all aspects in the development and construction of photovoltaic power plants. The Solar Farm Project Manager will be responsible for all project aspects from development through engineering, construction and project close-out and maintain the overall client relationship including technical, financial, or logistical issues that may arise. Proactively communicates with all stakeholders to achieve customer satisfaction.
Pay Rate: $100k+ (DOE)
Employment: Full-time (Site Based)
- Interacts with clients and provides exceptional customer service that exceeds expectations.
- Develops projects schedule and executes according to plan for assigned projects.
- Performs associated cost estimates, prepares proposal, and negotiates change order pricing to meet company and customer acceptance.
- Provide constructability, schedule, and logistics on self-perform trades.
- Utilities best practices for construction means and methods, including value engineering.
- Reviews and interprets contract terms and conditions and deliverables.
- Following established safety rules and regulation and maintains a safe and clean environment.
- In conjunction with Safety Manager ensures safety training, plans and PPE equipment are provided to field personnel.
- Manages the project schedules and deliverables through field supervisors and coordinates assignment of field personnel and subcontractors in collaboration with the Director of Construction.
- Manages multiple projects concurrently.
- Responsible for execution or project safety plan, schedule, workmanship quality, project cost, and invoicing process to customer.
- Evaluates the contractual scope of work and impact of client issued bulletins, field directives and or scheduling changes.
- Maintains profitability goals and budgetary controls with project controller.
- Performs overall management, leadership and functions associated with self-performed team members.
- Responsible for coaching, developing, and appraising, reward, and discipline of subordinates.
- Coordinates with Chief Operating Officer and Human Resources to develop job training plans and employee evaluations.
- Maintains a positive and professional demeanor while representing the client
- Willingness to work beyond normal working hours, and in other positions temporarily,
- Adheres to policies and procedures of the client
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve department departmental and company goals.
- Provide leadership to others through example and sharing of knowledge/skill.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Three years of direct project management experience in the Electrical and Solar Photovoltaic Construction Industry.
- Bachelor’s degree in Project Management, Construction Management, Engineering is a plus.
- Management experience with projects related to Electrical and Solar Photovoltaic particularly with government-states/federal project and prevailing wages.
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have the ability to communicate technical material to non-=technical audience .
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Primavera and/or MS Project Scheduling software. Premier and Procore a plus.
- A current valid driver’s license.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of job site safety as well as the ability to complete a company specific safety orientation.
- OSHA 30 hour required.
- Able to travel to/from job sites on regular basis.
- Multi-tasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks.
- High standards of integrity, professionalism and business ethics.
If this is something you'd be interested in, please do not wait to apply!