Construction Project Manager
Location: Sydney, Australia
The Green Recruitment Company are supporting an established player in the Australian market with a long history of success in renewables overseas who are currently looking for a Construction Project Manager to join their team. Reporting to the Country Head, as a Construction Project Manager you will initially manage a team consisting of an Owners engineer, a company’s site manager, and different advisors who will supervise all the activities.
- Managing project activities, from pre-construction through to a successful transition into operation.
- Deliver project safely, meeting schedule, scope, and cost targets
- Ensuring proper project controls are in place from key contractors, and maintaining overall project controls (schedule, budget, risk log, etc) as required to manage the project effectively.
- Holding regular project coordination meetings to ensure a common understanding of the project requirements (issues, risks, priorities, cost, and schedule).
- Working closely with key contractors and stakeholders (i.e, local councils, interconnection companies, owner’s engineer, lender’s technical advisor, etc), building solid relationships while supervising performance and enforcing contractual provisions as needed.
- Providing change control and contract managing.
- Maintaining excellent project documentation.
- Engineering degree.
- Significant relevant experience. Preferably 8+ years in the construction phase of wind projects.
- Health Safety and Environment training with a strong HSE bias.
- Track record in project management, delivering projects safely and timely, and an ability to execute project plans through third-party contracts.
- Willingness to do frequent travels between the project site and the company’s office.