6 months ago
The Construction Manager will be working closely internally with the Site Manager (SM), the Site Engineer (SE), the Designer Manager (DM), the Logistics Manager (LM), the Construction Director (CD) and the Accounts Department (AD), as well as externally with the Subcontractors, Main Equipment and local suppliers.
- Organise the site set up (Welfares, Facilities).
- Ensure all permits (local authorities, H&S etc.) are in place prior to work commencement.
- Contribute to contractor’s contracts.
- Liaise with the Logistics Manager to ensure deliveries are on track and report on progress.
- Liaise with the Design Manager to ensure construction meets the requirements of both client and organisation.
- Manage construction resource allocation.
- Comply with Health and Safety Regulations.
- Track project deliverables using appropriate tools.
- Be responsible for the Quality assurance.
- Monitor and report on construction progress.
- Define construction problems and solutions.
- Manage the construction budget.
- Manage Site Managers, Site Engineers and Contractor's activities in line project requirements and company procedures.
- Organise and manage the commissioning and testing of the plant.
- Coach and support the operational and maintenance team after the implementation of the project.
- At least 6 years proven strong Construction Management experience in large scale Solar plants, on EPC side.
- Qualifications and/or degree in Electrical, Mechanical or Civil Engineering.
- Detailed understanding of engineering and construction issues and processes.
- The ability to think analytically, critically assess requirements and select best approach to meeting construction objectives.
- Very good communication and interpersonal skills at all levels.
- IT literate with demonstrable Microsoft Office skills, including Word, Excel/spreadsheets,
- Power point, Outlook, Auto CAD and MS Projects.
- Driving licence.
- English and Spanish speaker.