Competitive Salary (DOE)
9 months ago
The Green Recruitment Company is delighted to be retained by a leader in the energy storage world. This business finance, develop, construct and operate utility scale battery storage projects across the US. The team has grown from just three people several years ago, to a headcount of nearly 60, with plans to significantly add to this through 2021.
The company is now at the stage where they need to establish a dedicated Commercial Function, to specialise in power market origination, transaction structuring, contract structuring and negotiation (PPA's for example), relationship building (especially on the corporate side) and strategic research as the business continues to scale.
The CCO needs to make three initial hires. Two Commercial Managers, one who can specialise in commercial structuring, and the second who can lead the bidding process for future project RFPs. The ideal candidates will have 5-10 years exp. in power markets and transaction structuring within reputable organisations.
The team also require a bright Analyst who can support in all commercial activities for BESS projects, in particular power marketing transactions and complex financial modeling. An ideal candidate will have 2-3 years experience in IB, or working for a well known energy firm in a similar capacity.
Working closely with the CCO, this position will develop and implement commercial strategies. The focus will be on closing complex structured transactions as well as developing and maintaining relationships with key market participants. Knowledge of battery storage is a plus.
- Develop and maintain relationships with market participants, utilities, coops, retail aggregators and corporates.
- Keep abreast of fundamental market conditions and drivers impacting the battery energy storage markets (regulatory, operations, etc.).
- Propose solutions and/or deal structures that solve or mitigate counterparty risk.
- Originate, structure, negotiate and close complex structured products (PPA, Toll, Etc.)
- Negotiate, prepare, and close all deal related documents including term sheets, enabling agreements and all other documentation.
- Coordinate with internal departments involved in the transaction including Development, Construction, Analytics, Market Operations, Regulatory and Legal to guide and support the internal vetting process.
- Presents transaction to KCE management team when seeking approval of the proposed deal structure
- Research markets KCE’s is not actively pursuing to determine other market opportunities and provide that market intelligence to the KCE management team.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, MS Project) as well as cloud-based platforms (Box, Slack, SmartSheet).
- Strong writer, adept in rapidly drafting both quantitative and qualitative material.
- Strong presenter, able to represent KCE confidently to a variety of counterparties.
- Understanding of U.S. power markets
- Knowledge of state level regulatory agencies and interest groups relevant to energy storage. Experience actively participating in regulatory processes a plus.
- Knowledge of grid-scale batteries, renewable energy, and electrical engineering a plus.
- Ability to understand and communicate technical and commercial issues.
- Strong team player, with ability to coordinate, lead, and take direction.
- Motivated self-starter with strong organizational and time-management skills.
Salaries DOE. Commercial Managers up to $150,000 + 30% bonus. Full benefits package and potential equity long term. Analyst - circa $100,000 + bonus. Potential for flexibility for outstanding individuals.
Please submit your CV for immediate review.