Up to £38,000 + 20% Bonus
8 months ago
9 Months Initially
The Green Recruitment Company are working alongside one of the largest and leading international energy suppliers in their search for a Commercial Data Analyst. The firm has offices on all continents with a reputation second to none.
The Commercial Data Analyst is responsible for extracting, analysing and producing information to focus and form commercial strategy and aid long term business growth. This will require short term operational management and long term development of reporting in line with the firm’s requirements.
- Creation of new reporting and analysis driven from existing insight to facilitate data led decision making
- Understand and segment our B2B portfolio based on different behavioural characteristics, identifying the drivers of value at the point of acquisition and retention and how we can better optimise our commercial performance
- Test new reporting, ensuring fit for purpose and an enabler for commercial decision making across the organisation
- A passion for challenging the status quo, identifying and implementing changes
- Play a key analytical role in projects, drawing informed conclusions from centralised data and communicating the conclusions effectively to project sponsors
- A resilience to see a project through from start to finish working collaboratively across the team to ensure the best possible outcome
- Migration and automation of existing reporting process within Excel/Access to Oracle based solution
- Creation of data visualisation within BI platform that forms part of the central hub of commercial reporting
- Creation & scheduling of reporting through BI platform to be distributed across organisation up to Director level
- Work with large volumes of complex data held across different platforms, to analyse and produce meaningful insight
- Ensure the needs of key stakeholders across Commercial, Sales and Director level are at the heart of continuous development work
- Excellent eye for detail with a natural inquisition when it comes to data
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers and subject matter experts.
- Expert in data analysis and reporting
- Proficient in the use of SQL/Oracle (PLSQL), Excel
- Previous experience working with BI reporting solutions e.g. Qlik - preferred
- Strong analytical problem solving skills.
- Previous commercial experience within the gas and or power industry - preferred
- Degree in a numerate/analytical discipline e.g. Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Statistical Modelling/Forecasting experience e.g. Regression Modelling