€90,000 + bonus
about 1 year ago
The Green Recruitment Company are working alongside a world leading energy technology business working as a digital partner for Sustainability and Efficiency. They drive digital transformation by integrating process and energy technologies, endpoint to cloud connecting products, controls, software and services, across the entire lifecycle, enabling integrated company management, for homes, buildings, data centers, infrastructure and industries.
The Cleantech Environmental Commodities Manager position joins a team of experienced professionals in commodity procurement and advisory services supporting many of the largest organizations in the world with global procurement of Renewable Energy Certificates (RECs, GOs, I-RECs, etc.) and Carbon Offsets (VERs).
This position engages with the Global Cleantech Client Development teams in providing strategy and solutions to end users and in doing so engages both internally and externally with key stakeholders. This effort may involve single location procurement events or the development of complex and ongoing go to market global processes. All these efforts in support of clients’ renewable energy and carbon reduction goals are aligned with industry best practices as defined by the relevant NGO guidance in conjunction with the client’s internal strategic criteria. In addition, this position supports our internal administration of contracts, document management, database management and other internal systems.
The successful candidate can be remote based across most European countries.
- Support the development of client strategic planning in the areas of carbon reduction, renewable energy adoption, renewable fuel adoption and overall emissions management
- Support commodity procurement exercises – engage globally with renewable energy and carbon reduction project developers and other market participants in identifying solutions
- Engage directly with clients in advisory service positioning, offer presentation, delivery of in-person and remote sustainability and environmental commodity workshops, delivery of renewable energy and carbon reduction opportunity assessments
- Evaluate RFP responses – develop presentation materials from supplier responses and support client facing presentations of this material
- Evaluate new market solutions as they arise including country level renewable energy solutions, new options for thermal solutions, new carbon mitigation technologies, etc.
- Assist clients in managing and mitigating risk in ongoing market exposure, contracting and commodity management
- Support review of Procurement Contracts – ensuring all contracts with suppliers are in compliance with internal and external guidance and best practices
- Proven experience in the Corporate Sustainability and Environmental Commodities markets is highly preferred - possibility including:
- Renewable energy and/or Carbon Offset project development and management
- Corporate Sustainability strategy, planning, program development and execution, public disclosure and reporting
- EAC & VER procurement, chain of custody tracking, certification, registry management, monetization, arbitrage, etc.
- Environmental Commodity trading or brokerage
- Energy procurement strategy experience in renewables is highly preferred, specifically onsite and offsite Power Purchase Agreements
- Proven track record of being successful in all elements of a procurement role is highly valued
- Presentation skills both in developing client facing materials and delivering in person and on-line presentations is highly valued
- Strong negotiation skills and interpersonal persuasiveness will be highly valued
- Strong risk assessment and mitigation skills in commodity procurement will be highly valued
- Organizational skills with experience managing data will be highly valued