8 months ago
To drive the successful market positioning, business development and sales of the company’s wind turbine modelling software. The individual will be recognised for their focus to create opportunities and then close deals, their strong communication and networking skills, their strategic market development and their ability to work with colleagues in the software sales process.
The role is suitable for someone with exceptional communication, presentation, and organisational skills. The candidate should demonstrate significant experience with customer management and business development, and preferably have a strong existing network within the renewables industry. Previous experience of using turbine modelling software would be a significant advantage.
The position will require frequent international travel to customer sites, other company office locations, conferences, trade and industry events.
The role is market facing driving the growth of sales of the software and other related products. Key elements of the role include:
- Extensive customer contact and a drive to close sales.
- Business Development for the software. This should be within existing traditional markets such as wind turbine manufactures, but also developing new markets where the software may contribute such as wind farm Developers and Operators.
- Responsibility for co-ordination of software open days and training events.
- Provide thought leadership to the respective markets through presentation at conferences, regional open-days, publications, articles, webinars, etc. The role will require working closely with the company communications team in all regions.
- Key account management of several customer accounts.
- To maintain a thorough understanding of the Renewables market; their requirements, their motivations, and their needs, both external and internal, using that knowledge to contribute to the development, and delivery of a long-term development plan for the software and cross-selling opportunities with other Energy software products.
- Network with business development and market facing colleagues across the company that represent services of relevance.
- Providing monthly revenue summaries, monthly forecasts, market development activities and opportunities.
- Degree or postgraduate level in a technical discipline
- 4 years or more experience in the renewable industry, an understanding of key industry drivers and preferably with a network of relevant contacts
Key skills required:
- Business Management and Communication
- Able to build good relationships with end users, stakeholders and the internal development team
- Able to communicate different messages to different people at different levels
- Able to clearly communicate ideas and the vision for the product
- Able to receive critical feedback from users and the team and feed this back into the product vision as appropriate
- Able to understand how the business (domain) works and what is and isn’t valuable to users
- Natural willingness to learn and improve