Up to £54,000 + Car + Benefits + Uncapped Commission Scheme
5 months ago
Our client, a leading international Energy Solutions company are looking to recruit a Business Development Manager for their national Energy Solutions Sales team. This role is home based and will cover industrial and commercial clients across Scotland.
Our client’s Energy Solutions team will engage with supply customers, Third Party Intermediaries, and other customers in identifying and influencing their energy needs. This division within the wider company has the sense of a start-up business, but combines this with the track record and expertise of a world – leading energy supplier
You will be given extensive support to enter new markets and tailor propositions to suit our client’s customer needs
You will be a confident, experienced salesperson, working from home. As a Business Development Manager, you’ll look after medium-to-large corporate clients. You’ll be managing the entire sales process for these clients, from identifying revenue opportunities to contract delivery.
To begin with, you’ll support our client’s overall strategy by targeting quarterly revenue opportunities in your area. Using your knowledge of clients’ previous spending, their current financial situation and the wider market, you’ll identify the best opportunities.
Next, you’ll work with your clients’ Directors and Senior Managers to identify particular needs and drivers. You’ll analyse these and use your extensive product and industry knowledge to develop tailored, targeted solutions for their businesses.
You’ll then manage the sales process through to completion, including relationship development, negotiations and contract delivery. You’ll also lead the sales support processes, including estimations, bid writing and a range of other operations. And throughout all of these processes, you’ll also ensure our client are always adhering to internal management reporting policy, authorization and governance guidelines.
In this role as a Business Development Manager, you’ll open exceptional career development opportunities with one of the world’s leading energy suppliers.
As Business Development Manager, you will have the following competencies
- Proven experience working in the energy sector, in one or all of the following technologies HVAC, BMS, Lighting, Solar PV, On/Offshore Wind, Diesel Generators, Biomass, CHP & District Heating, Energy Storage, Demand Side Response, Electric Vehicles
- Proven experience selling solutions or services to large corporate clients.
- Strong sales and negotiation skills, including the ability to deliver detailed, professional sales proposals.
- The motivation and drive to seek out new strategic opportunities.
- Confidence, gravitas and strong influencing and relationship-building skills.
- Some understanding of the requirements of large energy customers.
- Strong commercial acumen, including an understanding of the trade-offs between risks and rewards.