£50,000 - £70,000 basic + Bonus + Excellent Wider Package
almost 2 years ago
The Green Recruitment Company are working alongside one of the largest and leading international energy suppliers in their search for a Business Development Manager. The firm has offices on all continents with a reputation second to none.
The purpose of this role is to develop the Embedded and Renewable Generation business. Focussing on developing Power Purchase Agreements and Gas Purchase Agreements to procure the exported power or gas from such generators. Working with key personnel in Procurement, Pricing and Operations to develop products and servicing of products further. Interface with TGP’s supply Account Managers, customers, Third Party Intermediaries and sector specialists to ensure the successful delivery of profitable contracts.
- Meet agreed gross margin targets for growth of Embedded Generation business
- Demonstrate a structured and systematic and targeted approach to business development and opportunity management
- Maintain detailed contact records of all contacts with customers and prospects
- Provide an Account Management service to a number of key customers
- Identify cross sell opportunities through co-operation with the Energy Supply Sales Teams, developing joint visits to take advantage of existing Account Manager relationships
- Ensure that all commercial controls are adhered to and that risks are identified at an early stage
- Actively contribute to the development of new product and service to improve the proposition and presence in the Embedded sector
- Continually review the Renewable & Embedded sector in the UK and report on this on a regular basis
- Responsible for management information reporting on all sales and financial performance of the Embedded business, providing regular updates on our customers and competitors
- In conjunction with Marketing review Embedded Generation literature and website presence
- Work with online trading platform counterparty to develop joint and mutually beneficial customer propositions
- Responsibility for managing their activities to ensure all relevant HSE risks are appropriately mitigated
- Minimum of 5 years experience in direct gas & power selling, with strong negotiation and closing skills, preferably in a PPA Origination sales role
- Detailed understanding of the wholesale power and gas market in the UK
- Proven track record in dealing with and developing gas & power flexible solutions
- Strong interpersonal communication and negotiation skills to identify opportunities and develop feasible solutions in a timely manner
- Ability to work under own supervision as well as being able to contribute as an effective team player
- A problem solver offering practical thinking and creative approaches when applicable, providing sound analysis and risk management judgement when making recommendations.
- Detail oriented with strong organisation and completion skills