£40,000 - £50,000
22 days ago
A key requirement of the role will be prospecting and qualifying leads from existing networks, contacts & customer representative bodies, from new contact lists & leads generated from marketing activity. The BDM will establish a strong pipeline of qualified leads, meetings, customer quotes & sales opportunities in order to meet KPIs.
- Self-generate and qualify leads from existing and new contact lists.
- Develop relationships with senior decision makers within potential customers and customer representative groups.
- Arrange meetings with prospective customers to discuss the company proposition, with regular travel across the UK (approximately 3-5 physical or virtual meetings per week).
- Obtain customer data required to generate quotations for our services and work with the Bid Co-ordinator to submit proposals and tender responses.
- Manage on-going customer relationships during the sales process to maximise probability of success.
- Record sales activity and create a strong pipeline of future opportunities across the full range of services.
- Close sales & ensure appropriate contract documentation is signed by the customer.
- Work with the Marketing Team and contribute to marketing activities (e.g. eshots, exhibitions) to generate leads in different sectors.
- Hit target for a range of Key Performance Indicators of sales activity and regularly report performance to the Sales Manager.
- Experience of building and delivering a pipeline of sales opportunities
- Experience of working with senior decision makers
- Proven track record of delivering against sales targets
- Good IT skills, particularly Microsoft Office packages.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills (both verbally and in written format).
- Ability to build relationships with senior decision makers
- Ability to manage and deliver all steps of a sales pipeline.
- Able to build rapport quickly and be influential within teams, with peers and stakeholders.