£30,000 to £45,000 + bonus
6 days ago
The Business Development Manager is accountable for generating new business for services from prospective customers across the public sector (including Local Authorities, NHS, Universities & Colleges, Housing Associations, Public Services and othersectors). The role will require strong communication and relationship building skills, dedication and tenacity from the point of identifying a potential lead, managing the ongoing relationship through to closing the sale & securing contracts.
- Self-generate and qualify leads from existing and new contact lists.
- Develop relationships with senior decision makers within potential customers and customer representative groups.
- Arrange meetings with prospective customers to discuss the proposition, with regular travel across the UK (approximately 3-5 physical or virtual meetings per week).
- Obtain customer data required to generate quotations for our services and work with the Bid Co-ordinator to submit proposals and tender responses.
- Record sales activity and create a strong pipeline of future opportunities across the full range of services.
- Work with the Marketing Team and contribute to marketing activities (e.g. eshots, exhibitions) to generate leads in different sectors.
- Hit target for a range of Key Performance Indicators of sales activity and regularly report performance to the Sales Manager.
- Support colleagues in the Business Development Team and wider teams where appropriate.
- Successful relationships will need to be developed with:
- All colleagues within the Energy Division
- Sales peers in other Commercial Services teams
- Commercial Services’ Finance, HR and IT teams
- Energy Division HR Business Partner
- The Energy Division’s key customers and representative groups
- Gas and Electricity suppliers
- External Energy Service Providers
- Key supply chain companies