Competitive Salary (DOE)
7 months ago
BMS/HVAC Controls Helpdesk Technician
- £19,800 - £29,800 depending on experience + a range of other benefits
Our client is the Distributed Energy (DE) and Private Networks of a large utility business. They finance, own, operate and maintain energy infrastructure for commercial, industrial and residential customers.
Our client has an exciting opportunity for a BMS / HVAC Helpdesk Technician to join in their team in their state of the art Energy Management Centre on the outskirts of Glasgow.
You'll be working in a reactive helpdesk environment, dealing with customer technical queries whilst carrying out fault analysis and diagnostics.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Monitoring their in-house alarm management system, dealing with alarms in line with customer service level agreements, carrying out fault analysis and applying corrective action where possible
- Carrying out remote maintenance reports on building energy management systems, identifying improvements that can will impact on either the environmental control or the energy performance of the building
- Ensuring all work activities are accurately recorded and described in the business service management system
- Using our client’s Building Energy Systems (BMS) to help analyse building performance and improve building user experience
- Taking part in the department out of hours call out facility and providing technical support remotely for the business customer base and the department infrastructure
- Providing support for branch colleagues for establishing remote connectivity to customer buildings using a variety of connection methods
- Experience within HVAC / Building Management Systems (BMS) sector
- Experience within a helpdesk environment or relevant field
- A level of understanding of building maintenance field with knowledge of systems Siemens, Trend or Tridium preferred
- Ability to work on your own initiative with strong attention to detail an eye for detail
- Team ethos and be comfortable supporting your commitment to driving to achieve results
- Excellent problem-solving skills with the ability to find solutions through a pro-active approach