22 days ago
The position will be responsible for supporting all aspects of generation interconnection, delivery strategies, strategic transmission development, acquisition, and analysis for the company’s renewable energy development portfolio.
The successful applicant will implement these strategies by supporting the assessment of interconnection and transmission opportunities, preparing input datasets for various analyses leading to interconnection request submissions, and managing the Company’s overall transmission positions.
The position will also support analytical datasets that inform the organizations' view and forecast of congestion on various transmission systems throughout North America.
- Support development, maintenance, and update of internal databases required to support analysis for identifying and assessing new interconnection and transmission opportunities.
- Assist in the evaluation of potential project sites based on power flow data, queue evaluation, delivery options, and physical transmission access.
- Support the interconnection process for Pattern projects, from assessment of interconnection options, filing of necessary applications, evaluation of utility technical studies, and negotiation of interconnection agreements.
- Support assessments of transmission-related market dynamics, such as LMP pricing, nodal basis risks, congestion risks, etc., by maintaining commercially available SCED tool data.
- Thoroughly and concisely document and communicate interconnection status to internal Project Developers during project development and financing.
- Assist Power Marketing in communicating interconnection position(s), status, timeline, and congestion risk for Projects to potential counterparties.
- Track interconnection deadlines for Interconnection positions
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering is required, emphasizing Power Systems Knowledge of power flow concepts, and SCED is preferred.
- A minimum of 0-2 years in the electrical industry.
- Experience with software programming tools for developing and analyzing large databases.
- Transmission Planning experience with a utility, RTO/ISO, or consulting firm is important.
- Knowledge of Power Markets and production cost modeling software is a plus.
- Direct experience in wind and solar farm design or construction and field experience is a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must be willing and able to travel up to 20%
- Ability to prioritize requests.
- Knowledge of, or willingness to learn, FERC transmission tariffs and RTO/ISO interconnection processes
- Thorough understanding of electrical power engineering language and terms.
- A keen business sense beyond engineering and a sense of urgency in completing a job.
- EIT encouraged.
- Experience developing power flow base cases and running either PowerWorld, PSSE, or PSLF with the ability to evaluate results
- Proficient in typical software applications, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Microsoft Project.
- Ability to utilize Python, C++, or R for automation processes and analyses of datasets
- Ability to work with and manage technical consultants