2 months ago
The Green Recruitment Company are currently partnered with a multidisciplinary consultancy offering a broad range of professional services in the built environment. They're currently looking for an Associate Mechanical Engineer to join their Buildings Engineering team in London who has excellent design, technical, and software skills and who enjoys working collaboratively in multi-professional design teams, taking responsibility for projects from inception to completion to achieve outstanding results. The team have some exciting schemes moving forwards such as the British Library extension, Ruskin Square development, Sky Campus and the BBC Television Centre redevelopment.
- Developing engineering solutions from concept through to completion stage.
- Working closely with key stakeholders to deliver solutions which exceed client expectations.
- Leading the mechanical team – support the development of Engineers, maintain an overview of mechanical engineering design quality, plan and manage resourcing.
- Supervising and managing the detailed project design and drawing production.
- Maintaining high technical standards consistent with the project brief.
- Attending meetings and communicating with clients to establish their needs.
- Communicating and liaising with clients and managing client meetings as required.
- Being an active member of the group work winning team.
- Project leading on multi-professional projects.
- Managing project team to ensure production of deliverables to agreed timelines and within budget.
- Supporting senior management in business and technical development.
- Providing technical guidance and mentoring to junior members of the team.
- Nurture existing and develop new client relationships in the sector, managing key client relationships to establish and meet their needs.
- Being innovative in changing the design of buildings through a deep knowledge of Building Services Engineering.
- Leadership and management of the detailed mechanical design and modelling, reports and specification production.
- Project leader on multi-professional projects supervising and coordinating the work of others and coordinating work with engineers of other disciplines.
- Become an integral part of the leadership team for your Building London Group; contributing to strategic decision making and representing the interests of both the Group more widely.
- Degree qualified and have achieved professional qualification with an accredited institution.
- Post-qualification experience, most of which will be in design gained within a consultancy environment.
- Team player.
- Organised and adaptable with a flexible approach to work.
- Ability to meet strict deadlines.
- Excellent communication and report writing skills.
- Working knowledge of relevant standards, planning policy, and regulations.
- Experience in the successful design and delivery of the main Building Services Mechanical systems such as HVAC, life safety systems, sustainable systems design, and be conversant with public health systems and electrical infrastructure.
- A good understanding of and ability to apply Building Physics to environmental design of projects.
- Revit and Dynamo scripting experience would be a distinct advantage.
- Track record of combining specialist input and successful delivery of large projects.
- Management of budgets, resourcing and financials are required.
- A desire and record of contributing to team and group culture, setting the right environment for people to thrive.