Competitive Salary (DOE)
Charlie Wilkes Green
11 months ago
Charlie Wilkes Green
Wind Energy - Technical Manager - Project Development
My client are a fast-growing renewable energy infrastructure player currently in the very dynamic start-up phase. They have secured a pipeline of over 1.5GW of solar PV and onshore wind projects in Europe, which in the near-term will include several new markets and embrace the full spectrum of maturing renewable energy technologies.
My client are seeking a Technical Wind Manager to help build the company's capabilities by building up our internal technical and technology knowledge, processes and tools necessary for assessing, designing, engineering and realizing onshore Wind projects across multiple European markets.
Other duties include:
- Be the go-to Wind Energy technical expert, bringing the knowledge needed to integrate technology and technical impacts into our greenfield development, PPA structuring, procurement, financing, sale and asset management activities across multiple technologies and markets;
- Play a critical role in the Team set-up, taking responsibility for scoping, planning and delivering all technical and technology-focused insights, data and contracts in a timely and commercial manner;
- Work with, OEMs and the Procurement team to ensure that the Company keeps abreast of technological developments, innovations and ways to improve yield and reduce LCOE;
- Identify and manage the right external technical consultants where needed for significant due diligence, design/engineering, procurement;
- Depending on experience, take on the Project Manager role for projects once they’ve been handed over to the Technical Team;
- A relevant engineering degree (ideally MSc)
- 5+ years of technical experience in the wind Energy sector
- Good understanding of wind technology with experience in the review of main wind technologies
- Good understanding on targets for wind projects and high level understanding of energy modelling for wind projects.
- Demonstrable experience handling utility scale wind projects with experience on project Project design, familiar with the review of typical contracts for wind projects including EPC, O&M, PPAs, Asset management Contracts and Credit Agreements.