£50,000 - £55,000
about 2 months ago
Excellent opportunity for a Valuations Associate to join a leading renewable energy investor, reporting directly to the Head of Valuations.
The team is responsible for production of the quarterly valuations of the existing infrastructure and renewable energy portfolio, covering a range of sectors including solar PV, wind, battery storage, PFI and bioenergy assets.
The Valuations Team is a small collegiate team where all team members support across the full portfolio of assets under management. Specific responsibilities include:
- Quarterly updating of project and fund models, and production of discounted cashflow valuations, IRRs and dividend cover calculations;
- Track team progress against valuation and reporting timetables;
- Present valuation updates to the Head of Valuations and draft presentations to the partner group;
- Model fund and project level sensitivities;
- Research in respect of political and economic factors affecting countries that are relevant to the funds;
- Monitor peer listed fund announcements and recognise the potential impact for the various funds;
- Assist with the production of the annual and interim accounts, quarterly update statements and reports to the Fund Boards;
- Assist with investor, debt and regulatory reporting requirements;
- Work with advisors and investment teams to facilitate the integration of newly acquired assets and new valuation models;
- Coordinate external audit of individual funds and liaison with independent valuation advisors;
- Support the development of a Valuations Analyst within the team;
- Carry out additional ad hoc duties as required.
A good candidate will likely have the following competencies:
- Strong financial modelling experience sufficient to understand, review, evaluate and manage financial models and to build analysis spreadsheets and draw appropriate conclusions from their output;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; including the ability to present technical financial information in a clear and concise manner;
- Strong team player who collaborates across teams and builds stronger connections across the company;
- Excellent organisational and problem solving skills, and ability to meet regular deadlines;
- Report writing skills and ability to produce concise and clear documents for internal and external purposes;
- Strong attention to detail and quality;