£35,000 - £45,000
11 months ago
Here at TGRC we are working with a leading independent investment company who have a specialist focus on Renewable Energy assets such as Solar PV, Wind and Anaerobic digestion technologies. With c.£300million of capital , they are committed to improving and advancing the Renewable Energy sector with an extensive growth plan for the future.
The successful appointee will be responsible for the operational and HSE performance of the solar parks and the contractual performance of all the relevant contractors.
The Technical Asset Manager will be responsible for the effective and efficient delivery of the site management services under the Asset Management agreements for a portfolio of solar parks in the UK to protect and enhance their value on behalf of the owners.The Technical Asset Manager will be part of the Asset Management team and will report to the Head of Technical Asset Management.
- Tracking and managing the key performance indicators (production, availability, performance ratio, grid downtime), understanding the main causes of downtime for each solar park and following up proactively with contractors to maximise performance
- Responsible for managing the performance (regular reviews and meetings) of all service contractors and the compliance with their contractual obligations including:
- Meeting and exceeding performance guarantees such as availability, and performance ratio
- Health, safety and environmental performance and compliance with the site H&S plan, the relevant Health and Safety standards, legislation and good industry practice.
- Response time for corrective maintenance and effective technical resolution of equipment failures
- Preventative maintenance
- Remediation of defects
- Performance of security systems and communication systems
- Contributing to the preparation of the monthly management reports for the solar parks by providing operational and HSE commentary and reviewing operational KPIs prepared by performance analyst
- Managing the close out of the construction punch list items
- Carrying six-monthly site inspections on each solar park, issuing inspection reports and tracking remediation of defects by the contractors
- Liaison with the grid network operator and management of the grid connection agreement for each of the sites.
- Liaison with the Technical Adviser for inspections and operational reviews.
- Implementation of land management measures to comply with planning consents and land management strategy
- Recommend technical, design and contractual improvements with support from the Performance Analyst as appropriate to enhance the performance of the sites (MWh, PR…)
- Support commercial site manager with insurance claims
- Ensuring the effective support of/liaison with other parts of the business.
- Maintaining good communications with the team to ensure assets are optimised and fit with the company’s goals and standards.
- Contributes in the preparation of tender documents supporting the senior team.
- Actively share lessons learnt and contribute to the continuous improvement for other sites
- Support other business development/project origination activities as necessary including the drafting, review and negotiation of service contracts from OEMs and other service contractors.
- Any other reasonable requests from the Head of Technical Asset Management.
Prospective candidates should be educated to degree level in an engineering and be able to provide evidence of being / having:
- An experienced professional in the electricity industry with at least 3 years of experience and a demonstrable track record of successfully managing the performance of operational assets.
- A good technical knowledge of electricity generation and solar park technology in particular.
- Competent when dealing with quality standards, best practice procedures, technical specifications and regulatory requirements.
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to build rapport quickly and develop long-term relationships with all stakeholder groups. Excellent communication skills and the ability to engage with all stakeholder groups including OEMs, contractors and clients.
- Professionalism, the ability to understand and manage client expectations and deliver high quality service
- Able to travel frequently
- Right to work in UK