Statkraft is a leading company in hydropower internationally and Europe’s largest generator of renewable energy. The Group produces hydropower, wind power, solar power, gas-fired power and supplies district heating. Statkraft is a global company in energy market operations. Statkraft has 4500 employees in 17 countries. Our aim is to become a leading developer of onshore wind and solar projects, taking on a significantly larger number of projects than before. Statkraft has a target of developing and building 6GW of wind, solar and battery by 2025, and is investing heavily in Ireland and Europe to achieve this growth.
The business area European Wind and Solar (E) is responsible for development and ownership of wind, solar and grid services assets in Europe. The business area is also responsible for the project execution of large projects in Statkraft, the group procurement function and development of new business opportunities.
We are now expanding in a number of European markets and need an Assistant Project Manager, Solar on a 12 month fixed term contract to strengthen the business area’s Project Development team. The team is responsible for the project execution of large renewables projects in Statkraft of wind and solar development from early phase to investment decision. You will report to the Senior Project Manager.
Statkraft Ireland are delighted to be working on an exclusive partnership with The Green Recruitment Company to support the hire of an Assistant Project Manager for Solar on a 12 month FTC based in their Irish offices at Cork Airport Business Park. All suitable applicants for the role will be shared directly with our recruitment consultant Nathan Quinn. For any direct queries, please contact email@example.com
As an Assistant Project Manager your main responsibilities will be:
- Work on the development of solar renewable energy projects at various stages of development focusing on securing land and grid access, consenting, engineering, procurement and securing a sufficiently attractive business case for investment decision.
- Manage the environmental assessment process for solar developments.
- Work with the Project Manager to ensure timely and within budget Project Development including project reporting and approvals.
- Support other members of the Statkraft team in the early stage development including land negotiations, grid assessment and community engagement.
- Coordinate correspondence and communication with local authorities, governmental offices, and agencies.
- Lead on the scoping of work packages of third-party consultants.
- Manage the third-party consultants undertaking onsite assessments and environmental studies.
- Work with the technical design team to finalize the design of the projects.
- General contribution to the development of solar competence in Statkraft, including development and maintenance of high environmental and HSE standards.
- Masters, university degree in engineering or natural sciences with outstanding results.
- Minimum 1-3 years relevant work experience in a similar field of managing renewable-energy development projects with an excellent application of SharePoint, MS office and other collaboration tools.
- Keen interest and affinity in working with renewables in particular the planning processes and environmental assessments of solar renewable energy projects.
- Proactive and solution orientated with strong attention to detail.
- Strong communication, relationship building (including multi-team player) and people skills.
- Well organised and target oriented; strong ability to prioritize.
- Ability to concisely frame issues by providing context, analysis, recommendations and risk/benefit, both in written and verbal format to project teams.
- Independent self-starter with a clear ability to manage a large workload, often providing support to processes managed by colleagues, while prioritizing tasks and effectively juggling competing deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills in English.
- Professional and personal development in a company experiencing strong growth.
- A positive working environment characterized by expertise, responsibility and innovation.
- A diverse workplace with regard to gender, age and cultural background.
- Competitive terms of employment and benefit schemes.