over 1 year ago
We have an exciting opportunity for a Solar Design Engineer to join a leading international Utility scale Solar Developer. The company has a track record of over 1GW of capacity developed. The Offices are based in London.
Solar PV design engineer and yield assessment role located in the London offices. You will work with and report to the existing in-house development team to support the development and design of Solar PV in the UK, Ireland, Spain and USA.
Key responsibilities include:
- Preliminary PV site plan drawings under the supervision of the senior design staff;
- Review and amend the final site plans with the senior design staff to ensure compliance with other design considerations such as planning and Structural Engineering. These include items such as slope restrictions, geophysical challenges, flood elevations, landscape setbacks and electrical design optimization;
- Support design activities and perform on site visits as necessary to support the project design;
- Detailed option and lease plan drawings preparation for legal agreements under supervision and approval of the senior legal stuff;
- Undertake and manage yield assessment simulations for the early stage of projects worldwide. Especially new markets;
- Advise Commercial Engineering on review of EPC and TA simulations;
- Analyse current PV portfolios performance to update performance modelling assumptions;
- Manage relationships and work with Technical Advisor on development sites but also ad hoc requirements.
- Engineering/technical degree or Bachelor;
- Minimum of 2+ years of experience working with AutoCAD;
- Minimum 2+ years engineering experience in renewable energy technologies;
- Excellent ability to communicate among construction, technical and non-technical personnel, both internally and outside the company
- Comfortable working in a fast-moving dynamic, environment;
- Fluent English spoken and written.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Excellent AutoCAD skills. Ability to setup and manage drawings, X-reference, blocks, etc;
- Experience in Solar PV Design;
- Experience in undertaking Energy Yield Assessments;
- Familiarity with the O&S and Land registry maps and websites;
- Familiarity with the interactions of developer, EPC and TA in utility scale PV project development;
- Knowledge of simulation software including Pvsyst;
- Knowledge of PV industry modelling and simulating assumptions. Including bifacial panels and single axis trackers;
- Ideally experienced in working across multiple jurisdictions and time zones including some travel;
- Knowledge of main players in the industry (TA’s, Investors, EPC, third party labs etc).
Competitive Basic salary + Bonus