- Posted 07 February 2021
- Salary Up to £40,000
- Discipline Renewable Energy & Infrastructure
- Contact NameNathan Quinn
We have an exciting opportunity for a Commercial Analyst to join a leading solar asset manager, located at offices London. The company offers full asset management services to clients, ranging from development and EPC, through to long term asset management. The company provides expert services to over 1500 Solar plans with a capacity of over 2GW. The company has over 4 Billion Euros of assets being managed across 4 continents. The assets are overseen by a team of over 120 professionals.
The workplace is fast-paced and international. They nurture a culture which balances hard work, professionalism and diligence with support, consideration, and respect.
The Commercial Analyst role sits within the Commercial team in London. It is a broad commercial role with a regulatory and contractual focus, in which a technical or commercial background within renewables would be highly advantageous.
Key responsibilities include:
- Maintaining solar plant compliance with contracts and regulatory requirements including drafting and issuing formal notices/communications, and if required, investigating non-compliance and resolution.
- SPV contract renewals and tendering.
- Assisting with company’s regulatory interface including monthly data submissions, requests for information and supporting Ofgem audits/pre-audits.
- Supporting insurance renewals and claims.
- Supporting the monthly revenue accruals process, when necessary.
- Supporting the company’s in-house ‘onboarding’ process for new sites with a specific focus on understanding contracts and working internally with the company’s Finance and Technical teams to: ensure a seamless transition into the company; extraction of relevant information into the company’s bespoke contract management software; supporting the creation of respective Onboarding Report and Operating Plans; and smooth management throughout the life of each respective agreement.
- Updating and continued development of the company’s in-house Asset Management Platform (AMP) software as required, working with Commercial teams in Milan and Hyderabad as necessary and with the in-house Technology team.
- Supporting annual Asset Operating Plans with relevant contract management information and reviews.
- Reporting to the client and internally and externally as required.
- Approving contractual invoices.
- Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) Awareness
- Ad hoc commercial projects.
The company are looking for a confident, high calibre operator, comfortable in a fast paced, high intensity environment.
- You are able to communicate clearly and concisely within the Commercial team and work alongside the Finance and Technical teams plus other stakeholders at all levels of the business.
- You have a systematic, highly organised approach to workwith a pleasant but results driven attitude. You will be able to project manage incl. working with other teams, sometimes virtually.
- You will be accurate, have attention to detail and be able to conduct root-cause problem solving.
- You are results orientated and solution focused, with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously with tight deadlines.
- You can work well on your own but enjoy the interaction and camaraderie that coming to the office provides.
- You enjoy leading projects and are able to do so virtually, across geographies when required.
- You are able to develop and maintain strong working relationships with colleagues and stakeholders at all levels and you enjoy supporting and mentoring more junior members of a team
- You want to be part of an organisation that is growing but is still small enough for you to quickly establish a profile and make a real and tangible contribution to our ongoing success.
- Minimum 2 years in a similar level role
- Bachelors’ degree minimum
- Regulatory and contract knowledge and experience
- Fluent in English and fluency in a second language (e.g., Spanish, Italian, or Portuguese) would be an advantage
- Advanced standard MS Office suite, notably Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.
- Strong organisational, change management and business process skills