Up to £40,000 + Benefits
8 months ago
A cutting edge company combined software and energy. They are at the forefront of making the electricity grid smarter and cleaner. The company is well established and operates internationally.
The organization is growing fast and looking for ambitious people to join and grow with their organization.
The Project Manager is directly responsible for the overall direction, co-ordination, implementation. execution, control and completion of multiple projects ensuring consistency with company strategy, commitments and goals.
Monitor and report on project progress in a structured manner, drawing particular attention to deviations from the original project plan and producing highlight reports as required.
Ensure all issues are monitored, resolved and escalated where appropriate in order to ensure these are dealt with efficiently and effectively.
Processes and administration (30%)
- Maintain and update all necessary records to ensure the effective monitoring of projects and compliance to company procedures and policies.
- Update and maintain the project plan and programmes of works as appropriate.
- Monitor and report on project progress in a structured manner, drawing particular attention to deviations from the original project plan and producing highlight reports as the business requires them.
Issue resolution & reporting (20%)
- Ensure all issues are monitored, resolved and escalated where appropriate.
- Respond to any customer complaints or escalate appropriately, in order to ensure that these are dealt with speedily and effectively.
Stakeholder management (30%)
- Manage the communication with all stakeholders.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with clients, partners and contractors and organise pre-start/project meetings on site to manage the projects effectively.
- Identify resources required at each project stage to meet project objectives and manage the resources throughout.
Client relationship management (10%)
- Work with all stakeholders throughout the onboarding process, liaising with the NOC, operations and deployment staff as required.
- Work with all stakeholders to ensure that the final installation meets end client needs.
- Represent the company at external events to promote GridBeyond's project management capability and engineering excellence throughout the industry in order to increase sales.
- Respond to enquiries from customers and ensure that any problems presented are resolved to their satisfaction.
Financial and risk management (10%)
- Monitor all installation costs to ensure that these are within the agreed budget costs and report on profit & loss for all projects.
- Ensure installations are inspected/audited to ensure that these have been undertaken to the required standards and are in line with the company policy.
- Ensure that all projects are rolled out in accordance with the company's Health and Safety requirement, and in compliance with relevant Health and Safety legislation
The Project manager will have good problem-solving and negotiation skills and the ability to resolve issues to drive and improve performance as well as excellent planning and organisational skills.
They should have experience of managing small technical projects and have experience of using Microsoft packages as well as knowledge of project management techniques such as MS Project and PRINCE2.
The role will require an individual with good interpersonal and communication skills and an ability to communicate at all levels with various stakeholders.
Some experience in the energy industry strongly preferred – an understanding of Grid infrastructure, ancillary services, renewables, CHPs etc. gained through work experience would be helpful.
• PRINCE2 Foundation and Practitioner
• PRINCE2 Agile