about 1 month ago
The Senior Vice President - Development - Italy will be responsible for the successful set-up of the company's development activities in the Italian market (flexible location).
· Coordinate and lead the development, definition and implementation of a winning market entry strategy to set the base of a significant long-term pipeline of wind, solar and other new technologies in Italy
· Originate, manage and grow partnerships with local developers
· Promote, implement and enforce company's compliance principles with all external counterparties
· Instrumental in negotiating and monitoring agreements with local developers
· Cover the full development cycle from origination to RTB or FC stage
· Provide advice and support to the investment team in acquisitions of pipelines in different development statuses including origination, due diligence, negotiation and closing,
· Monitor and interpret technical and relevant regulatory developments and standards and be able to deliver technical and non-technical reports to stakeholders.
· Manage relationships with landowners, permitting authorities, grid operators, regulators, off-takers and other relevant stakeholders
· Liaise closely with existing company teams such as construction, Legal, Asset Management, investment team, Power Markets.
· Build strong relationships with the development team, consisting of developers, contractors, as well as a network of external partners
· Part of a high-performing team and contribution to the establishment of an entrepreneurial, rewarding and good work environment
· Reports to the Group Managing Director Development
· Significant work experience (10 years+) in renewable industry in Italy
· Degree (Master or Diploma) in engineering, business administration, economics,
· Strong track record of utility-scale solar and/or onshore wind project
· Strong knowledge of the Italian renewable market and stakeholders
· Profound and detailed understanding of relevant market dynamics
· Very good communication skills and high-level assertiveness and communication skills in an international environment and the ability to build effective relationship at all levels
· Willingness to travel
· Fluency in Italian and English