Flexible Depending on Experience
4 months ago
The Green Recruitment Company are working alongside one of the leading international energy consultancies in their search for a Senior Sustainability Consultant that would focus on designing and delivering on sustainability strategies for some of the largest and most complex energy users globally.
The position needs someone with experience at one of the larger energy consultancies with experience of delivering a world-class service for pan-European business. The business has a wide service offering, including but not limited to energy procurement, bureau, energy management, electric vehicles, renewables and products.
- Lead and partner with Clients in developing sustainable energy and resource management strategies.
- Lead the development of client sustainability strategies including facilitating executive/elected official level presentations and the analysis and benchmarking of performance to support organizational goal setting and implementation planning
- Coordinate multi-disciplinary, or multi-workstream projects spanning various aspects of a clients sustainability platform in a collaborative and effective manner. This can involve creating project plans, delegating tasks and deliverables to colleagues, and providing ultimate oversight and review of deliverables.
- Develop energy and greenhouse gas (GHG) / carbon emissions inventories, water footprints, waste footprints and other environmental inventories including data analysis, emission factor development, calculation methodology, web-system deployment and support clients’ third party environmental reporting activities
- Develop or recommend initiatives and abatement models for achieving or informing corporate goals for energy reduction, green energy adoptions, or GHG reduction, including progress toward Net Zero goals or Science Based Targets (SBTs)
- Prepare or revise client communications for sustainability performance aligned to key industry reporting platforms, such as CDP, DJSI, GRI, GRESB, and various federal and state/local disclosure programs, inclusive of project management, stakeholder interviews, drafting, and submittal.
- Research, filter, warehouse and communicate emerging information and trends relating to global sustainability initiatives such as environmental and carbon legislation, renewable and efficiency incentives, and reporting programs
- Organize, inform and partner with multi-disciplinary teams within the business to help coordinate service and solutions delivery
- Build and support relationships with regulatory entities, vendors and product/service companies
- Contribute to the development of training resources for both internal and external clients
- Some domestic and international travel necessary (5-15%)
- Bachelors Degree in Sustainability or Environmental Sciences, Energy, Business, Finance, Engineering, or a related technical field, Masters degree in Sustainability or Business, preferred
- 7+ years of related professional/consulting experience and an interest in pursuing a career in sustainability. This should not be viewed as an entry-level position.
- Project management experience
- High commitment to company vision, values and excellent client service
- Proven track record in developing, managing, and executing client solutions
- Progressive history of building successful relationships
- Ability to communicate, both written and verbally, complex analysis and ideas in a concise manner
- Analytical self-starter with strong attention to detail
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills with the ability to work on multiple complex projects in diverse areas
- Advanced computer experience in Microsoft Office Products, particularly Excel, Word, and PowerPoint, with a focus on creating high-quality, high-impact client deliverables.