Competitive Salary (DOE)
over 1 year ago
We are now seeking a Senior Project Developer Manager. This position is a key member of the business development team with an accountability to evaluate and support the development and execution of greenfield, brownfield and M&A clean energy investment opportunities in Australia. The role will be based in Perth.
- Accountable to support the evaluation, development, and execution of potential investment opportunities in alignment with the company’s strategic and financial objectives. This will include:
- engaging with cross functional teams responsible for all aspects of advancing new opportunities through the company Project Development Lifecycle, ahead of a Final Investment Decision.
- communicating status, timelines and risks of opportunities to all involved stakeholders (both internal and external).
- identifying and mitigating enterprise risk as they relate to the opportunity under development.
- preparing project strategies, bid proposals and investment recommendations for presentation to Senior Management.
- Accountable for supporting the implementation of a 1 – 2 year strategy, with a focus on engaging and communicating opportunities both internally and externally, that aligns to the overarching customer and the company corporate strategy to deliver new EBITDA, FCF and returns to the company.
- Accountable to support and engage with cross-functional project teams and the project management of greenfield, brownfield and M&A investments in stages zero (Pre-screening), one (Screening), two (Early Development) and three (Mature Development) of the project development lifecycle.
- Accountable to offer project support to the project execution and implementation team on a project by project basis.
- Accountable to provide due diligence for potential acquisitions involving facilities completed, under construction or in development, including review of technical risks, operational and performance data.
- Accountable to assist with power supply contracting strategies and to support contract negotiations.
- Accountable to develop and maintain customer, partner and supplier relationships that ensure the company is uniquely positioned to win new opportunities with existing and potential customers. This will include developing a thorough understanding of the customer’s energy, operational and environmental, social and corporate governance (ESG) requirements to ensure that the development proposal meets the customer’s and the company business requirements.
- Accountable for maintaining and continuously monitoring power market fundamental.
Skills and Experience
- Degree in Commerce, Engineering or Economics; PMP designation or equivalent experience desirable
- Minimum 10 years of project management experience, having worked on clean energy generation projects.
- Solid understanding of industry guidelines and trends in industry
- Strong project development background with an understanding of greenfield approvals and development pathways, including regulatory, land tenure, Native Title, and heritage
- Strong understanding of technology options, limitations and capabilities pertaining to energy generation, with a focus on renewable energy.