Competitive Salary (DOE)
Charlie Wilkes Green
about 1 year ago
Charlie Wilkes Green
Senior Wind Project Developer (Technical) - London
My client is a leading international developer of Renewable Energy Projects and are seeking a Project Developer for Wind Energy Projects in the UK. They are offering the possibility to work in a dynamic, fast growing project developer in the field of the renewable energy.
The suitable candidate will be heavily technically focused (rather than solely commercial) covering different areas of technical project development, including connections to the electrical grid, permitting/planning process, other activities related to project development.
- Lead the development of wind energy projects across the UK;
- Review of technical documents issued by all stakeholders regarding the development of wind projects
- Build relationships with key technical and all other relations including suppliers and TAs;
- Deal with Utilities (DSOs and National Grid), and interact closely with external stakeholders;
- Coordinate with stakeholders involved in the permitting/approval processes (local regulators, DSOs, National Grid, public authorities) to comply with all legislation and regulations;
- You will be responsible for all areas of technical project development, including: grid connections, permitting/planning process, other activities related to project development;
- Weekly / monthly reporting to internal and external stakeholders;
- Project study/feasibility/analysis.
- Engineering degree – ideally to MSc level;
- Solid, proven technical knowledge of the onshore wind energy market in the UK;
- 5+ Years of proven experience in the technical planning and development of Wind Energy Projects in the UK
- Strong proactive attitude, forward thinking with self-management and team coordination;
- Computer Skills: Microsoft Office, AutoCAD, GIS software (Quantum GIS), Google Earth, WindPro;
- Language Skills: fluent English;
- Flexible to travel
- Solid understanding of UK planning regulatory framework;