9 months ago
An independent global engineering business, specialising in offering consulting engineering services for the renewable energy sector is looking for the Senior Consultant- Power Systems Engineer
The role would likely be based in Sydney/ Melbourne. Senior Consultant will provide technical input into multiple projects and will also lead project teams, providing training and support to RINA colleagues where appropriate, and liaise with team leaders to ensure effective resource allocation and project delivery.
- Provide technical input and leadership on a variety of projects for distribution and transmission networks, renewable energy and grid integration, including: power system planning, grid connection studies, power system/grid code compliance studies, protection and substation design
- Assist in the development of renewable energy and energy storage projects including grid prospecting and connection conceptual design.
- Lead and undertake grid connection due diligence including risk assessment and capacity/constraints assessment.
- Advise clients in negotiation of connection agreements with AEMO and NSPs to achieve the best technical and commercial outcomes.
- Support the implementation of renewable generation projects including Model Acceptance Testing
- Lead the submission of high-quality bids and proposals to existing and potential clients.
Qualifications & Experience
- Hold a minimum of a Bachelor or Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Power Systems or other relevant technical discipline
- RPEQ would be an advantage
- Deep understanding of current transmission and distribution planning and customer connection processes in Australia and perspective on anticipated changes
- Strong knowledge of technical requirements (including NER) and guidelines for connecting new generators and loads.
- Ability to undertaken and review detailed grid connection studies
- Specific knowledge of inverter-based power conversion systems and their control systems is desirable.
- Highly experienced in an Australian power system engineering environment such as an engineering consultancy, OEM, NSP or AEMO
- Previous exposure and track record in business development activities would be an advantage
- Proficient with modern simulation software and electrical circuit modelling tools e.g. PSCAD, PSS/E, DigSILENT Powerfactory, ETAP, ERACS etc.