Up to €120,000 + bonus
2 days ago
A certified B Corporation, this client makes it possible for businesses and their customers to take urgent action on climate change, helping organisations around the world achieve renewable energy and decarbonization goals through work with global Fortune 500 companies, utilities, and other businesses that want to join the fight against climate change.
The team has deep expertise in sustainability consulting, environmental markets, renewable energy and carbon project development, transportation decarbonisation solutions, and utility renewable energy programs. Since 2002, they have worked with over 400 clients in 60 countries and have been widely recognised for industry leadership and award-winning programs for clients.
You will primarily be focused on establishing new senior-level relationships across Europe and expected to garner a clear understanding of the customer’s sustainability goals and be able to represent the client’s suite of climate and renewable energy products and services. You will deliver on an aggressive annual sales plan including; environmental commodities (REGOs, GOs, IRECs, TIGRs etc.), carbon offsets and removals and climate and renewable energy advisory services, such as strategy, implementation, procurement and others.
- Develop strategy and accounts across the United Kingdom/ Europe.
- Create and manage business relationships with key accounts and ensure loyalty through excellent customer service, timely communication and follow through.
- Prepare a monthly analysis on all substantial opportunities in new products or territories, and/or problems and report on performance to forecast objectives.
- Identify and prioritise opportunities using your network, social media sites, research and other sources.
- Generate leads through direct prospecting and networking efforts, including attending regional or national conferences.
- Actively listen to and engage prospects, identifying needs, providing sustainability and renewable energy education and guide to a solution that best meets the needs communicated.
- Manage a complex sales cycle from prospect identification through contract completion, ensuring accuracy in communication and documentation throughout the process.
- Work cross-functionally, collaborating with various internal partners to ensure best-fit solutions and service excellence.
- Deliver accurate, up-to-date sales forecasts and activity tracking in Salesforce.
- Expected travel approximately 40-60% (post COVID-19 restrictions and social protocols)
- Minimum of 6-8 years of outside sales experience in a solutions-based, complex selling environment.
- Minimum of 3 years of B2B sales experience selling to VP, SVP, and C-suite level contacts.
- Strong understanding of Environmental Attribute Certificate (EACs) sales (REGO’s, GO’s, RECs, IRECs) and/or Carbon Offsets required.
- Experience selling energy or sustainability services (consulting support, solutions, SaaS, etc.) to major commercial customers is highly preferred.
- A “hunter” with a proven track record of successful prospecting, identifying, and closing new business and managing a pipeline.
- Professional development or training on value-based selling techniques and strategic solutions selling is a plus.
- Experience selling products and services to multi-nationals is a plus.