£40,000 - £55,000 + package
17 days ago
The Energy Trading Analyst is responsible for trading and managing client positions within the energy portfolio.
The Energy Trading Analyst role is positioned to support the risk and trading department with analysis of the energy and regulatory markets enabling clarity to the increasingly complex marketplace.
- Undertake analysis of wholesale markets
- Manage flexible purchase transactions and strategy execution
- Data analysis and problem solving
- Model validation and audit work (optionality/ volatility VAR)
- Exposure forecast implementations (volume/value)
- ETRM implementation and maintenance
- Discuss the energy markets in detail and explain why prices movements are occurring
- Building and maintaining relationships with the clients including holding face to face client meetings
- Provide training and support to analysts and administrators
Skills & Experience:
- 2-3 years’ experience in the energy sector (trading/risk role) (highly desirable)
- Clear understanding and interest in the UK energy markets.
- An understanding of cross commodity drivers - energy regulation and legislation
- Strong communication skills
- Highly numerate
- Organised and able to work in a fast-paced environment
- A self-motivated starter and a team player
- Confidence to challenge purchasing decisions
- Strong Excel (lookups, pivot tables) skills; VBA and SQL are also desirable
- Knowledge of platforms such as Reuters Eikon/Bloomberg