£40,000 - £55,000 + package
20 days ago
The Risk/Trading Analyst is responsible for trading and managing client positions within the energy portfolio.
The Risk/Trading Analyst role is positioned to support the risk and trading department with analysis of the energy and regulatory markets enabling clarity to the increasingly complex marketplace.
- Undertake analysis of wholesale markets
- Manage flexible purchase transactions and strategy execution
- Data analysis and problem solving
- Model validation and audit work (optionality/ volatility VAR)
- Exposure forecast implementations (volume/value)
- ETRM implementation and maintenance
- Discuss the energy markets in detail and explain why prices movements are occurring
- Building and maintaining relationships with the clients including holding face to face client meetings
- Provide training and support to analysts and administrators
Skills & Experience:
- 2-3 years’ experience in the energy sector (trading/risk role) (highly desirable)
- Clear understanding and interest in the UK energy markets.
- An understanding of cross commodity drivers - energy regulation and legislation
- Strong communication skills
- Highly numerate
- Organised and able to work in a fast-paced environment
- A self-motivated starter and a team player
- Confidence to challenge purchasing decisions
- Strong Excel (lookups, pivot tables) skills; VBA and SQL are also desirable
- Knowledge of platforms such as Reuters Eikon/Bloomberg