Competitive Salary (DOE)
4 months ago
A rare opportunity to join an international developer based in Madrid. This role has a focus on the technical aspects of the development of Solar projects into the Spanish market.
- To provide technical assistance during project development and ensure the risk influencing and influenced by the grid connection are considered along with the development team .
- To manage and be responsible for the process of grid applications for assigned projects ensuring they are submitted in a timely manner and progress through the DNO/TSO processes without delay.
- To conduct grid connection feasibility studies to identify the available capacity and the most economic grid connection option
- To liaise with DNO by raising feasibility studies and budget estimate requests during early stages of PV project development
- To perform site visits and undertake assessment of the existing electrical systems for connection of behind-the-meter PV schemes (Private Wire Connections) and to produce Connection Assessment Reports to present to clients
- Review any network restrictions or curtailment analysis to assess the export constraints over the life span of a specific scheme
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships with the DNO planning, design and delivery teams
- Develop and maintain relationship with ICPs to assist development team deliver projects
- Develop and maintain relationship with leading power system consultancies and TAs
- Strong knowledge of Spanish Distribution and Transmission industry
- Strong technical background of the Spanish Grid code and Spanish Distribution code
- Commercial awareness of the Spanish MV/HV design and built industry
- Strong technical knowledge of HV connection process, requirements and regulations
- EHV technical knowledge beneficial
- Familiar with the DNO publicly available information systems e.g. LTDS, Congestion maps, DUoS charging etc
- Electrical knowledge of battery energy storage facilities (BESS) beneficial
- Strong knowledge of electrical power system software preferable
- Strong knowledge of power system simulation techniques and grid code compliance studies