Competitive Salary (DOE)
18 days ago
Our client, a principal player who plans to invest more than £10 billion over the next few years in low-carbon electricity in the UK and Ireland,is seeking to recruit a Property Solicitor or Legal Executive qualified in England and Wales to join their legal team based in either their Scotland or Reading offices.
You’ll report to a Legal Manager within the Distributed Energy Legal Team, and be responsible for:
1) Providing legal advice to a variety of stakeholders regarding land rights for a variety of energy projects.
2) Primarily supporting the land requirements of the EV, electricity networks and solar and battery storage projects.
3) Drafting and negotiating leases, transfers, options, easements and other documents.
4) Advising the business on all land rights issues generally.
1) A comprehensive understanding of the legal and commercial issues related to the Distributed Energy business, renewable energy or utilities sector, the wider company and the energy market.
2) Broad experience of property matters (preferably in the utilities and/or energy sector) including drafting and leading negotiations on land transactions.
3) A passion to work as part of a high performing team, sharing knowledge, best practice and supporting colleagues.
4) Comfortable working independently and leading their own matters.