Flexible dependent on experience
about 2 years ago
An exciting opportunity for an experienced electrical technician with a leading company in the energy sector – covering EV charging and various other technologies. This role is a great growth opportunity where you can learn about new technology and get the credentials of a leading organisation on your CV. This company would let you work towards AP or SAP qualification
A great company working in the EV Charging space and Clean Tech. This organization is an institution in the sector and provides stability but a lot of room for growth.
The Project Engineer/Technician – EV Charging is a site-based role performing installation and O&M of EV chargers and battery storage systems. You will guarantee safety and performance at minimum cost.
The ideal candidate will be a fully qualified electrician with experience in renewable energy/ev charging/ cleantech assets. This is a permanent role and will require availability for weekend on-call duties.
The responsibilities of the Technician include:
- Adherence to and improvement of health and safety standards
- Ensure all project work is undertaken or procured from subcontractors
- Undertake project work according to legal, technical, manufacturer and contractual requirements
- Manage sub-contractors and ensure their safe working and undertake quality checks on their work.
- Carry out reactive maintenance, fault diagnosis and resolution in a timely manner
- Inspection, testing and maintenance of EV chargers
- Keeping accurate maintenance records and compiling reports
- Keeping in close communication with the office
- Strong technical understanding of AC, DC and communications networks
- Knowledge of contracts
- Strong approach to safe working practices
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Positive, can-do attitude
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Enthusiasm for personal development
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Computer skills for writing reports, reporting progress and communicating by email
- Contract management skills
- Project management skills
- Project Management experience
- Solar PV maintenance experience, ideally on MW-scale or large commercial systems
- Experience of working remotely without close supervision
- Full UK driving licence
- Qualified electrician (17th edition)