Competitive Salary (DOE)
about 1 month ago
Location: Cardiff or remote in Wales with travel
My client is looking for an experienced Development Manager, preferably from the renewables industry, with demonstrable expertise leading projects across several technologies and a degree in planning, land, or other environmental issues.
As a Project Developer, you will assist in the development and origination of a portfolio of projects (PV Solar and Onshore Wind technologies) until planning permission is granted. Playing an active role in a virtual project team to complete all key planning and consultancy tasks required to pass through each gateway in the process, you will also act as a subject matter expert (SME) for the project and provide consents and approvals expertise.
- Assist the Project Development Manager to successful delivery of development projects through to planning being approved as mandated by each project gateway.
- Assist with the management of virtual project teams to ensure the right skills are available to successfully deliver the requirements for each project gateway.
- Prepare updates and support presentations to project boards to enable decision making and progress through project gateways.
- Contribute to the submission of any required environmental and technical assessments to support the project feasibility and consent applications. Liaise with external consultants who will contribute to these activities.
- Collaborate with third party developers within a project to ensure work is aligned and meeting agreed objectives.
- Support the negotiation of heads of terms with landowners and subsequent option and lease agreements. Liaise with stakeholders including land agents and internal and external legal resources.
- Assist the process of securing access for development projects to the grid to ensure long term financial viability of the project.
- Relevant university degree. Other appropriate qualifications may be considered.
- Knowledge and exposure to project management methods
- Experience of working in virtual or matrix project teams, ideally as project manager.
- Strong team-player with good interpersonal and communication skills.
- The enthusiasm to grow and learn, including areas such the changing policy affecting our projects.
- A commitment to ensuring the highest standards of project development, consultation, and community relations at all times.
- Willing to work on projects throughout the UK and Ireland, including short stays away from the office.
- Ideally experience of working in the renewable energy, electricity generation, land, planning or environmental sectors.