Up to £65,000 + bonus/ commission
16 days ago
As part of the Business Development department; the Presales Executive is a key contributor to the commercial success of this multinational demand response company. The Presales Executive uses their commercial awareness and software/product and technology experience to support Sales in licensing the VPP platform solution to new clients across target geographies.
Partnering with sales managers in delivering a consultative software sales cycle; the Presales Executive helps uncover our prospects’ business problems, desired Positive Business Outcomes and defines a solution to said problems that delivers those outcomes. They do this by working with prospects in a consultative way, aiming to understand their pain points first and demonstrate through presentations, demos and discussions how their solutions deliver unique benefits.
The Presales Executive takes responsibility for pulling together proposals (i.e. an RFP response), creating a high-level solution architecture and answering functional or technical queries
The Presales Executive must passionately promote distributed energy; always looking for opportunities to help target companies make the process of unlocking DER asset value more clear, straightforward, and effective through licensing the VPP platform.
- Energy Domain and Market knowledge: demonstrable domain knowledge in the energy sector, with experience in Distributed Energy, Demand Response and CleanTech preferred. This background should be substantial enough to build instant trust with the prospects during the consultative sales cycle.
- Software, Product and Technology: strong understanding of software, and in particular how licensed cloud-based platforms or products in the energy industry are positioned and sold.
- Commercial / Sales Cycle: prior experience in a commercial setting and the need to understand the concept of solution sales; be comfortable interacting with clients and prospects at all levels through conversations, demos and presentations; understand what a good deal looks like for both the customer and the client; have experience in pulling together bids/proposals or other client responses; handling objections.
- Support the Chief Commercial Officer and Sales team in delivering successful platform license deals.
- Be responsible for gathering, understanding and articulating prospects’ desired positive business outcomes, defining a solution that allows prospects to achieve these outcomes.
- Create bid responses (such as RFP responses), proposals, sales presentations, demos and other sales cycle deliverables as required, seeking input from other stakeholders within the company
- Deliver customer facing activities including workshops, presentations and demos.
- Maintain a good level of knowledge around how customers deploy our solutions and how they leverage these to achieve their business objectives.
- Undertake high-level research into markets, programs, customer segments and other areas that inform on where and how to position the licensed software platform.
- Demonstrable affinity with the Energy sector and in particular Distributed Energy, Demand Response, CleanTech / Sustainability
- At least 3-5 years prior work experience which has included Presales roles, product, consulting and commercial roles.
- Multi-disciplinary – incl. energy domain and market knowledge, software, product and technology experience, business analysis and/or consulting skills and commercial / sales experience
- Mature, entrepreneurial, self-motivated personality with a level of personal energy, enthusiasm and drive to make an impact