Permitting Manager - Offshore Wind
- Posted 08 May 2023
- Salary $DOE
- Job type Permanent
- DisciplineRenewable Energy & Infrastructure
- Contact NameCharlie Wilkes Green
Permitting Manager - Offshore Wind Projects - South Korea
My client are working on behalf of a leading developer and operator of renewable energy projects globally. Currently, we are developing an offshore wind project in South Korea and seeking an experienced Permitting Manager to join our team.
The Permitting Manager will be responsible for managing the permitting process for the offshore wind project in South Korea. The Permitting Manager will be responsible for ensuring compliance with all relevant laws and regulations, and will work closely with the project team to obtain all necessary permits and approvals. The Permitting Manager will report to the Project Director and will work closely with the project team to ensure the project's success.
• Develop and implement a comprehensive permitting strategy for the offshore wind project in South Korea.
• Manage the permitting process from start to finish, ensuring compliance with all relevant laws and regulations.
• Liaise with regulatory agencies, stakeholders, and local communities to ensure the timely issuance of all necessary permits and approvals.
• Coordinate with project managers and engineers to ensure that all project plans and designs meet regulatory requirements.
• Monitor the progress of the permitting process and identify potential issues, implementing corrective actions as necessary.
• Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of all permitting activities.
• Participate in public meetings, hearings, and other forums related to the project's permitting process.
• Provide guidance and support to the project team on all permitting-related matters.
• Bachelor's degree in Environmental Science, Engineering, or a related field. A Master's degree is preferred.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience within permitting for offshore wind projects in South Korea.
• Strong understanding of the regulatory environment in South Korea and the permitting requirements for offshore wind projects.
• Excellent communication and negotiation skills, with the ability to work effectively with a diverse range of stakeholders.
• Experience working in a team environment and managing multiple priorities.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and adapt to changing circumstances.
We offer a competitive compensation package, including a comprehensive benefits package, and opportunities for career growth and development. If you are an experienced Permitting Manager with a passion for renewable energy and a desire to work on a high-profile offshore wind project in South Korea, please submit your resume and cover letter for consideration.