9 months ago
Participate in strategic planning for the development and implementation of IT solutions to solve business problems in the growing renewable energy space!
As a Lead Technical Business Analyst, you will enjoy providing analytical support and your expertise on complex projects to ensure system and business requirements are clearly documented and understood during the design and development phases of utility-scale renewable energy projects.
You will serve as a leading resource for other Technical Business Systems Analysts, including coaching and mentoring of their technical skills while continuing formal and informal training to sustain and enhance your own required skills.
- Participate in and/or lead the system development life cycle including requirements gathering, design, testing, communication, and deployment of Information Services Department (ISD) and business solutions focused on Trading, Risk, and Credit functions.
- Performing needs discovery and requirements gathering.
- Handle diagnosing, analyzing, and resolving business tool problems by applying techniques to solve complex issues.
- Utilize business process mapping and alternative approaches to creating solutions.
- Translate business requirements into system functionality and design documents.
- Assist the business line in writing clear and compelling business cases.
- Project estimating and identifying project milestones and project-specific risks.
- Providing technical support for functional areas of the applicable business line.
- Utilize personal productivity software such as spreadsheets, databases, and query tools for data analysis, verification, and presentation.
- Manage a small team of business and systems analysts.
- IT Support for applications, technical areas, standards, and supporting tools.
- Responding to customers' questions on the use of existing and emerging technology tools, hardware, and software.
- Analysis, testing, and migration of new or upgraded products and technologies.
- Developing material to facilitate the use and understanding of ISD processes, services, and applications.
- Providing application and technical support during nonstandard business hours including storms and other emergency situations.
- Building effective relationships with ISD team members and works collaboratively with internal groups to set realistic expectations and deliverables.
- Work closely with Traders, Marketers, Middle Office, Risk, Credit, Trading Controls, Back Office, and Senior Management.
- Perform related job duties as assigned.
- Work with other groups within IT to maintain SOX compliance standards related to supported systems and integrations.
- BA/BS degree with 9 or more years of relevant IT experience and business experience.
- Must have experience within the renewable or power generation industry
- Strong understanding of Aligne ETRM applications or similar required