Exciting new opportunity within a European investor and asset manager of renewable energy projects. The business has a particular focus on the UK and Western Europe. At group level the business has carried out several €bn worth of sustainable infrastructure transactions across wind, solar, storage and other emerging technologies.
Due to extensive growth, the investment team is now looking for an Associate to join the Dublin office.
Location: Dublin, Ireland but with travel to UK and Western Europe
Language: English & FLUENT FRENCH ESSENTIAL.
- This role’s primary focus will be on project due diligence, valuation modelling and project financing for investments made in wind and solar PV assets in the target markets for our Funds.
- Integral part of the Investment Team on all project matters relating to the investment, financing and financial performance of any wind projects including project finance; project procurement; construction management & valuation
- Responsible for all analytical work related to assigned projects including:
- Support the team members on identification of wind projects and assessment of opportunities across the target markets
- Prepare bids for tenders & perform due diligence on assigned projects including co-ordination of DD team on those projects (external consultants) to form a risk adjusted excel model based valuation for bid submissions
- Work with the team to negotiate final deal terms with vendor / JV partner and project financiers
- Support the preparation of investment cases to be brought to NTR management committee; the Fund’s Investment Advisory Committee & the Board of the General Partnership (Fund)
- To lead on assigned projects in the execution of acquisitions or project financings, to support the negotiation of construction & operational contracts, all leading to financial close; construction and long term operation of the assets.
- As required, support senior management on interacting with Limited Partner (LP) investors including:
- Support preparation of documentation, data room in fundraising process, as required.
- Support management on preparation of necessary reporting and governance processes
- Minimum seven years’ experience of analysing renewable project assets in our target markets of the UK; France; Ireland; Italy and other Western European markets with a good understanding of key value drivers and return metrics (e.g. yields, IRRs or exits);
- Transaction experience to include project debt financing, acquisitions and/or disposals and a knowledge of relevant legal documentation;
- Experience in due diligence and/or negotiating key drivers of renewable project valuation and requirements to achieve project financing – resource data, equipment supply agreements, EPC agreements, OEM warranties and O+M agreements, project finance agreements, PPA agreements, insurance, financial modelling;
- Experience in both commercial and technical appraisal of renewable projects would be advantageous.
Skills / Qualifications
- Strong competency in financial modelling; project financing and project valuation methodologies;
- Good project and stakeholder management skills using both written and oral communication skills;
- Minimum honours degree qualification in finance or engineering or science;
- Computer literacy (Word, Excel, Power Point and SharePoint if possible);
- Full driving license.