€50,000 - €60,000
4 months ago
Our client is an investor who has constructed and operated around 2GW of wind projects and a significant number of solar projects to date. They are financial reaching close on a new fund that will be considerably larger than the previous, targeting investments in wind and solar projects in Ireland, the UK and Western Europe through the acquisition of both operational and pre-construction assets and some earlier stage development opportunities.
Now the business have a large pipeline of projects, they are looking to grow the investment team with an Associate. Due to the focus and target markets of the fund, the ideal candidate will renewable transaction experience in Europe and be a French and/or Italian speaker.
Location: Dublin, Ireland but with travel to UK and Western Europe
Language: Working language English - French or Italian desirable
This role’s primary focus will be on project due diligence, valuation modelling and project financing for investments made in wind and solar PV assets in the target markets for our Funds.
• Integral part of the Investment Team on all project matters relating to the investment, financing and financial performance of any wind projects including project finance; project procurement; construction management & valuation
• Responsible for all analytical work related to assigned projects including:
- Support the team members on identification of wind projects and assessment of opportunities across the target markets
- Prepare bids for tenders & perform due diligence on assigned projects including co-ordination of DD team on those projects (external consultants) to form a risk adjusted excel model based valuation for bid submissions
- Work with the team to negotiate final deal terms with vendor / JV partner and project financiers
- Support the preparation of investment cases to be brought to the management committee; the Fund’s Investment Advisory Committee & the Board of the General Partnership (Fund)
- To lead on assigned projects in the execution of acquisitions or project financings, to support the negotiation of construction & operational contracts, all leading to financial close; construction and long term operation of the assets.
- As required, support senior management on interacting with Limited Partner (LP) investors including:
- Support preparation of documentation, data room in fundraising process, as required.
- Support management on preparation of necessary reporting and governance processes
- Minimum five years’ experience of analysing renewable project assets in our target markets of the UK; France; Ireland; Italy and other Western European markets with a good understanding of key value drivers and return metrics (e.g. yields, IRRs or exits);
- Transaction experience to include project debt financing, acquisitions and/or disposals and a knowledge of relevant legal documentation;
- Experience in due diligence and/or negotiating key drivers of renewable project valuation and requirements to achieve project financing – resource data, equipment supply agreements, EPC agreements, OEM warranties and O+M agreements, project finance agreements, PPA agreements, insurance, financial modelling;
- Experience in both commercial and technical appraisal of renewable projects would be advantageous.
Skills / Qualifications
- Strong competency in financial modelling; project financing and project valuation methodologies;
- Good project and stakeholder management skills using both written and oral communication skills;
- Minimum honours degree qualification in finance or engineering or science;
- Computer literacy (Word, Excel, Power Point and SharePoint if possible);
- Full driving license.