almost 2 years ago
Our client is a privately owned investor with extensive greenfield solar projects in emerging markets. They are looking for an experienced financial modeller as many of the projects near financial close. The right candidate will have extensive infrastructure modelling experience from scratch, with specific solar transaction exposure looked upon favourably. Russian speaker preferable but not a prerequisite.
The main responsibilities for the role will include:
- Taking a lead on financial modelling for the current solar team;
- Support the origination, analysis, structuring, documentation and execution of investment opportunities;
- Other analytical, research and modelling support for the team including competitor analysis and market reviews;
- Assist in managing and reviewing all transaction due diligence including liaison with financial, legal and technical advisors;
- Portfolio valuations: manage financial model integrity and forecasts, liaise with the fund valuer and develop internal processes;
- Project finance: understand lender requirements and satisfy reporting requirements.
- 1-3 years experience within investment banking, management, valuation, corporate finance or M&A advisory with an understanding of renewable energy or infrastructure sectors.
- Excellent modelling skills, being able to build from scratch and edit/amend existing financial models
- Solar valuation experience will be looked upon favourably
- Experience working on renewable/infra projects in emerging markets a plus
- Ideally fluency in another modern European language, preferably Russian.