7 months ago
We are delighted to be exclusively representing an exciting breakthrough clean energy firm in their search for a HR Senior Manager.
The firm are pioneers for the utility-scale energy storage sector who develop, construct and operate projects across North America. The growing portfolio of projects are centered in New York, Texas and right across the US.
As a result of accelerated growth, the company now needs to hire an experienced HR Manager, who can create and execute a people strategy, ensuring they have the right internal and consultant workforce to accomplish annual goals.
This will involve managing the full-cycle recruiting process, from preparing to onboarding, as well as assisting in the development and management of HR policies and procedures.
Ideally, this individual will have experience scaling a business from a HR perspective, in a tech-or-energy related start up, and is keen to implement their previous knowledge into a new challenge.
The firm has offices spread across the US, and this hire will be based out of the Houston, TX office.
- Develop the people strategy, focused on attracting, training and retaining the best candidates, including setting and tracking the relevant metrics for the Management Team and Board of Directors
- Analyze current recruitment process (both using internal and external resources), and engage in process mapping and improvement
- Set and track Diversity, Equity and Inclusion metrics and efforts
- Ensure job descriptions are up to date and compliant with all local, state and federal regulations
- Oversee all aspects of the recruitment process, including advertising positions, direct recruitment, and working with external recruiters for specialized positions.
- Manage onboarding and offboarding process.
- Together with legal and regulatory team, develop and manage HR policies, ensuring compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations and all new hire paperwork is properly completed and securely filed
- Analyze and prepare reports for trends in compensation and benefits while researching and proposing competitive base and incentive pay programs to ensure the organization attracts and retains top talent.
- Budget Management: Maintaining an annual HR Budget including keeping expenses within the approved budget and explaining any variances that occur.
- Budget Creation: Working with department leads to create an annual budget that includes all labor costs, recruiting costs, training and health care expenses
- All other duties as required.
WORK EXPERIENCE & REQUIREMENTS
- 3-5 years experience (minimum) in Human Resources, or Recruiting.
- Solid understanding of full-cycle recruiting.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills with a high degree of attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and prioritize tasks.
- Background in recruiting in renewable energy or oil/gas a plus.